Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
QC/QA Specialist - 2nd shift
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Quality Assurance
Topps is seeking a Full Time QC/QA Specialist for 2nd shift at our Scranton Plant Factory. (3:00pm - 11:00pm)
Topps’ confectionery brands, which are marketed under its Bazooka Candy Brands division, include Bazooka bubble gum, Ring Pop, Push Pop, Baby Bottle Pop, and Juicy Drop Pop confectionery items.
The Topps Company was founded in 1938 as Topps Chewing Gum, and in its early years produced a popular penny "Topps Gum" from a factory in Brooklyn, NY. After World War II, the company developed Bazooka Bubble Gum, and in 1950, added trading cards to its product line. Baseball cards appeared in 1951 and quickly became a vital part of pop culture, a tradition that continues to this day.
(75%) QC responsibilities
- Review and ensure compliance to the factory Food Safety Plan (HACCP)
- Ensure compliance to all company policies & procedures pertaining to Food Safety and Quality
- Including but not limited to: Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Sanitation & Housekeeping, Equipment & Facility Maintenance, etc.
- Enforce GMP compliance through coaching and other contractually appropriate means for:
- Factory Employees
- Ensure compliance to company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Work Instructions (WI) including proper documentation (completion, control, and retention)
- Promote Food Safety/Quality culture and enhance Food Safety awareness through daily coaching and scheduled training
- Conduct Food Safety and Quality testing as necessary
- Initiate, investigate, communicate, and follow-through on corrective actions for non-compliances. Maintain a corrective action tracking system to ensure non-compliances are resolved in a timely manner
- Investigate consumer complaints
(25%) QA responsibilities:
- Lead training program including preparation of material for the Scranton factory
- Prepare, update SOPs and WIs as necessary and appropriate
- Responsible for internal Factory inspections; lead 3rd party audit
- Manage QA records including but not limited to environmental sampling program, pest control program for the factory
Other duties and responsibilities related to QC/QA as assigned by
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment;
- Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent;
- Excellent computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.);
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.