NHS Human Services, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at NHS Human Services, Inc.
Job TitleBehavior Technician
Location1400 Fox Hill Road-2514C
Shift1st Shift - no week-ends
Schedule-Week 18:30 to 3:00
Schedule-Week 28:30 to 3:00
NHS is currently seeking Autism Behavior Technicians to join our Autism Specialty School in State College, PA.
With a rich tradition spanning almost 50 years, NHS is at the forefront of providing care and services to people with special needs. Today NHS, through its subsidiaries, is a leading provider of community-based, non-profit education and human services. More than 10,000 employees provide care to almost 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, and Michigan. NHS has developed a unique continuum of care providing services in the areas of mental health, addictive diseases, education, foster care and permanency, autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and many more specialized programs.
WHAT NHS HAS TO OFFER
- The stability that comes with working for a national leader in the human services industry
- Highly competitive compensation plans
- Career advancement opportunities in a rapidly growing company
- Flexible scheduling
- Benefits for all employees including marketplace savings program (discounts on cell phone plans, shopping, travel and more); Wellness programs (including discounted gym memberships, mail order prescription plans); legal and financial services; 24-hour nurse hotline; life/disability coverage; and Employee Assistance Program
- Benefits for qualifying employees including medical, dental & vision coverage; flexible spending account; 403B retirement plan with company contribution
- Generous PTO plans including vacation, sick, and holiday pay for qualifying employees
The Autism Behavior Technician provides one-on-one support and assistance to a student with autism, including support and assistance in the use of medical equipment such as augmentative communication devices; activities of daily living; and monitoring health and behavior.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
- Providing one on one ABA therapy for children with autism either at home or in our school/center
- Understanding and implementation of children's program books
- Implementation of the child's IPOS, assessment goals, and behavioral/crisis plan
- Completion of required documentation; including daily behavioral and program data and parent communication
- Completion of progress notes for every billable contact
- Daily preparation for sessions
- Other duties as assigned
- Note: A Behavior Technician may provide support to more than one student, but not at the same time.
NHS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Valid Driver's License
- Personal or professional experience working with children with autism or with special educational needs preferred