Microbac Laboratories Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Microbac Laboratories Inc
Analyst - Environmental
Microbac is a premier laboratory testing firm that partners with clients worldwide, offering laboratory solutions to the life science, food and environmental industries.
We are currently seeking a Metals Analyst II for a commercial testing laboratory located in Pittston, PA. Our analysts work in fast paced, deadline driven environments, preparing samples, and conducting a wide range of analytical tests that provide our clients with vital information on product quality, composition, and safety. While we work quickly to meet client turnaround times and deadlines, our teams are centrally focused on quality and producing sound, reliable data that our clients use to make important decisions. If you're looking for a meaningful career in environmental testing and thrive knowing what you do carries a significant amount of importance, look no further.
Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, Analysts, working in an accredited commercial laboratory, conduct chemical analyses to determine composition, reactions, and chemical and/or physical properties of a variety of sample types.
- Following established SOPs, Analysts collect information about the composition of substances/samples to support the analytical testing needs of our clients for such purposes as quantitative analysis, product development, and improvement of analytical methodologies
- Accurately and efficiently set up and process samples while meeting quality standards and turnaround time expectations
- Analysts II have a key role in staff training and lead training efforts for junior technicians and analysts.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Train staff in all areas related to sample preparation and testing
- Use advanced knowledge of chemistry to develop new testing methods and processes
- Perform equipment and instrumentation set up, maintenance and verification
- Maintain storage of samples in accordance with established SOPs
- Prepare and analyze samples
- Accurately record observations and data and interpret results
- Monitor and address sample backlog issues
- Maintain accurate, up to date logs, notebooks and equipment records
- Perform necessary laboratory administrative functions such as filing paperwork, photocopying, reviewing of data, and entering data into computerized LIMS
- Comply with and promote Personnel, Safety, and Quality Program
- Knowledge of principles, terminology, practices, and instrumentation commonly used in a laboratory setting
- Familiarity with Metals testing methods and techniques specific to ICP-OES and ICP-MS
- Ability to interpret data and prepare reports
- Ability to effectively prioritize work and manage time in order to meet deadlines and rush orders
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work with delicate laboratory equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal formats.
Microbac is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Veteran Friendly Employer