Job: Production Planning Manager
Posted: 2014-04-08Share this page
Posting Job Title: Production Planning Manager
Brand: *American Eagle Outfitters
Job Category: Distribution
Department: Distribution Management
Job Status: *Full Time
Job City: HAZLETON
Job State: Pennsylvania
Job Country: United States
Job Description: POSITION TITLE: Production Planning Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of DC Operations
SUPERVISES: DC Operations Supervisors (directly); DC hourly associates (indirectly)
POSITION SUMMARY: Develop and execute long-term strategy and process to optimize the flow of merchandise throughout the Distribution Center. Proactively plan the daily needs of the operations and ensure SLAs and customer commitments are met.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Show Passion, Innovation, and Teamwork through a focus on People and Integrity—AEO’s core values!
• Ensure customer service, quality, and safety standards are met in an efficient and innovative manner; partner with all departments to address issues, where needed.
• Anticipate merchandise, production, and labor needs to set long-term objectives that give AEO a competitive advantage.
• Modify the strategy for each department’s unique needs and capabilities, balance long-term strategic use of resources while ensuring the day-to-day operations are executed efficiently, and demonstrate a forward-thinking mentality to make change a value-driven process within the company.
• Communicate flow to operations by providing resources and tools to execute prescribed merchandise flow, while continually adjusting per business needs.
• Predict production needs in labor (i.e. contingent labor) based on forecasted allocations and receipts volume.
• Use historical data to identify opportunities for increasing efficiencies and communicate to Coordinator – Merchandise Flow and other relevant personnel.
• Track peak/low production to evaluate trends, plan for future volume, and understand dynamics that affect production to modify flow plan and/or staffing recommendations for promotions, holidays and other factors across all shifts.
• Proactively coordinate strategy and optimization of efficiency across shifts and Distribution Centers with Operations Managers, Planning, Allocation, and Supply Chain personnel to establish best practices and guide future efforts.
• Coordinate all activities between the AE Direct Division and all associated distribution center departments; drive change and adapt to “Omni-channel” fulfillment processing in 2015.
• Be a role model leader for others; act with integrity and respect, approach responsibility with confidence and ownership, inspire superior performance, and develop a track record of success.
• Utilize tools, resources, and new experiences to advance own skills and proactively seek out feedback to identify development opportunities.
• Generate and champion big ideas, make smart and profitable decisions, and aggressively pursue opportunities to improve process, efficiency, and safety.
• Modify/align departmental goals with company goals. Roll out strategy to associates while highlighting their role in contributing to ‘the bigger picture’.
• Create rapport and positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
• Provide direct reports and associates with timely and accurate information, communication, and training to heighten their engagement and commitment to AEO, Inc.
• Manage team members coaching for growth and development; ensure associate engagement remains high.
• Forecast and respond to production volume and labor needs to maximize productivity and ensure quality
• Develop production standards and interdepartmental performance goals and guidelines.
• Plan and implement strategies to effectively process seasonal fluctuations on workload
• Train, develop, and supervise hourly and exempt employees; scale-to-size in terms of team leadership and team efficiency (i.e., able to effectively lead smaller team and larger team while efficiently supporting fluctuating volumes per site growth plans).
• Maintain the security and data integrity of all merchandise, systems, and capital equipment of the Distribution Center.
• Responsible for controlling costs in accordance with the budget.
• Promote and maintain high employee morale and safety.
• Administer company policies and procedures, while proactively partnering with Human Resources, where needed/required.
• Evaluate job performance of associates in assigned departments.
• Continuously improve the operation and drive innovation.
• Monitor and maintain a safe work environment, safe work conditions and safe work practices.
• Champion change in a way that promotes and maintains high employee morale; strive for continuous improvements in all areas.
• Consistently meet or exceed business targets while balancing short and long term results.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Maintain a passion for winning in team environment!
• Decisions regarding flow of product throughout the facility
• Development and coaching of employees to educate on matters related to optimal flow of inventory
• Approval of company expenditures within guidelines
• Individual should be willing to work in a fun, fast paced environment, and have a good sense of humor. The individual should also be strategic, innovative, logical, objective, a people developer, a relationship builder, and a team player.
• Bachelors’ Degree in Business Management/Supply Chain or equivalent, MBA/Master’s Degree preferred
• Six years previous experience in a operations or flow management; .com and/or “Omni-channel” retailing experience preferred.
• Ability to manage multiple strategic business priorities concurrently
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and planning skills
• Excellent problem solving ability, high sense of urgency
• Bi-lingual preferred: English/Spanish
• High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
• Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, & planning skills
• Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team
• Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
• Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
• Prior managerial/supervisory experience
• Travel is required, including the potential for international travel
COMPANY SUMMARY: American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (NYSE: AEO) is a leading global specialty retailer offering high-quality, on-trend clothing, accessories and personal care products at affordable prices under its American Eagle Outfitters® and Aerie® brands. The company operates more than 1,000 stores in North America, and ships to 81 countries worldwide through its websites. American Eagle Outfitters and Aerie merchandise also is available at approximately 54 international franchise stores in 12 countries. For more information, please visit www.ae.com.